BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

第七十六章:新年气象

Yeah. Chinese New Year's around the corner. And the most common things we do include: Shopping for snacks, clothes, and food. The younger generations usually go seeking around for the latest trend for their new year attire. Dad will be standing a side looking at his black and shiny coated stuff. It's always the same old thing. Wallets, leather shoes, a classed looking belt, or a simple coat it seems. As for the mom, she would most probably be in two sections, either the food section, or the luxurious shops with her favorite handbags, and those crazy and awful looking heels. Gosh, sometimes I just don't get why would someone buy a high heeled shoe with a fucking lots of strips attached here and there. What's more important is the price that is skyrocket-ed. I could eat 3 meals for 5 days with that amount of money. And it's worse when you get to know that the "recipe" of such a shoe is actually made out of plastic instead of leather. "Why the fuck that expensive?" "Oh, don't you think that the design is brilliant." Fuck you bitch. That money you just burnt could have helped the poor.

Mom pulls me back and slaps me, "One more word I hear from you and that's it." Yes, we were shopping for clothes in a complex. Somehow, I don't really care about what I wear. Every time mom hands out a clothing, I look at it and say "Yeah." And then, everything is settled. So it only takes half an hour to finish the shopping. What's more, we don't buy much. Usually the time wasted is when mom starts her own shopping. She doesn't buy much as well. Because her new clothes need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Cheap (As in really cheap, 30 bucks and above for her is too much :[ )
- Comfortable (As in 100% cotton.)
- Nice (As in a real good looking design.)
It's the same requirement that everyone craves for, but she takes them to a higher level. And so at that time around, I'd stray around and observe the funny moments when other families buy their shirts XD.

Case no.1 The dad stays outside of the shop while the mom looks for some nice T's that would match her son perfectly. The son looks at another sections. "Boy, how about this one?" "No, the design is too simple." Me, "What the hell, with the paint splatters and colorful symbols all over the shirt he calls that simple, and it's collared too!" I stand on another side pretending to look for something as well. But I continue to observe. "Mom, what do you think about this one?" "No way I'm buying you that, you're buying for the shirt, not the printing." The son shows an unwilling and frustrated expression, without hesitation he pops out a couple of words at this mother disrespectfully, "Fine, I'm out of here, nothing suits me here, everything looks so cheap, we'll go somewhere else." He walked out as if he was throwing a tantrum. The mother said nothing and went out as well. After they got out, I got to see their dressings clearer. No doubt, they were rich retards. I randomly picked out a price tag from the series of T's hanging in front of me. Wow. 80 or 70 bucks and above AND THAT IDIOT NAMED IT AS CHEAP. Something wrong with their minds.

Adios to that shop. Went back to Jusco. Where mom would definitely be. When I got there, her hands were still empty, I went to other sections, hoping to seek for another interesting situation. But all I got to see is a completely different situation.

Case No.2 This family was much more interesting. The whole family was choosing shirts for each other. Even the little sister. And they weren't looking for stuff that had hangers on. Instead, they looked for the stuff in "tongs". That's what my mom calls them. I'm sure you've seen those unfolded shirts that they put in one place and then they have a "Flat price 15 bucks" sign attached to the containers. How it looks like isn't important. The main concept is that the shirts in it are usually designs that have not been sold out during the past few years or shirts that have been rejected due to poor quality or other reasons. Kinda like the "reject shop" and it's the kind of section where people seldom "touch". Mom would take me there once or twice because there will still be some great stuff. Like gold among the trash. So the father, simply took something out, and the 14 year old gave a smile. Yes, he wanted it. There wasn't any sign of body language that revealed he wasn't satisfied with his father's selection. And it didn't even take them 20 minutes, they were already paying at the counter. Yes, it reminded me of how family warmth was supposed to be.

Get the difference between the two situations? Happiness can be very simple. Sometimes I prefer to be poor because you get happiness easily through tiny little stuff. But for the rich, they never get satisfied. They want more and more, the desire becomes so strong that they want everything. But the fact that no matter how much money they burn, they can never reach their destinations :)

Song of the week

Happiness - Hanjin feat. MC Jin

Happiness is free
everyone want it to be
For you and me
If you want it to be

咁难得我哋而家咁鬼人齐
我哋应该即刻放低所有问题
一齐轻松倾通宵计
唔开心0既事由得渠沉落海底
当从新开始过 明天会更好喎
呢个思想真系一流松吓膊头郁埋个头拍吓对手
快乐根本冇定义我好有诚意我好想要大家开心d
真正快乐系由边度嚟自
如果你知 唔该你比个地址
我本来都唔开心
听完呢首歌好似比支开心针拮亲
就算我成身得番一蚊我都要HAPPY开心

Happiness is free
everyone want it to be
For you and me
If you want it to be

快乐只不过是一种概念
摸不到 放在心里看不见
让他在我们笑容里出现
多美妙的概念
双脚离地 双手朝天
这首歌就是快乐的宣言
我要让全世界都听见

开心心跳不停理由不清形式不定
开心不须肯定任何反应都是成立的
小时侯, 什么都不理
什么都不必理不必睬不必处理
快乐是一个无价的物体
钱买不到让我送给你

Happiness is free
everyone want it to be
For you and me
If you want it to be

I'm so happy

0 comments: